Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Immune Disorders Forum

knees are burning hot and radiating heat.

User Profile
Hi,
Over the past few months I've started having episodes of red, hot knees. They are not painful, just uncomfortable because they are burning hot and radiating heat. It is always in both knees and typically occurs in the evening. There has not been a correlation with my diet, exercise, activity level, clothing, etc. The only possible connection I can make is with stress, but that could be a coincidence. I have not had any injuries to the knees and there is no swelling. It just feels like all the blood is rushing to my knees and they turn red (typically large splotchy areas of red, not an even blanket of red). If you touch my knees, they are HOT to the touch (more than just warm). Should I be concerned about this?

Additional info: I take Buspar, Zovia, Singulair, and Xyzal daily. My allergist has recommended in the past that I be checked for autoimmune disorders given my medical history, but I have yet to do so. I'm a 23 year old female and overweight, but have recently lost 50+ lbs.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2016
Immune Disorders Answer A56873
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Your doctors suggestion is worth going for evaluation. Red hot knees need to be evaluated for rheumatological causes. Anxiety and depression with some many pills, one can have these sensations as a psychological reason as well. Needs clinical correlation to confirm.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Exercise, Stress, Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Immune Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.