I am 53. My knees are now cracking and popping. Despite the fact I began to run 16 months ago. I ran a 5K in 22:30 and another 5K in 22:20. I also ride a my bike every day for 30 minutes and a stationary bike at Gold's Gym for 15 minutes. I use the rowing machine for 15 minutes. I put Ben-Gay on my knees at night. I do exercise for my knees such as squatting. Why are my knees cracking and popping and how can I put a stop to it?

Chris Chichester
Penfield, New York
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
You would need workup. If its osteoarthritis then knee joint replacement is ultimate option. If its due to connective tissue disease,psoriasis or high uric acid level then it should be investigated and then treated accordingly.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.