I am 45 years and was in good health 20years ago. For over 10 years i have battled with a bad knee pain. I have had 3 knee operations in the last 6 years, and the last operation, that was to break my bone and change the angel to reduce the weight on the "inside" of the joint i refuged to do! I go to the gym once a week, and it makes my wellbeeng better... Still i have to use painkillers in an amount that is sure to be harmful! Ibuprofen 800mg 4-6 ps, panacod 6 ps. Lyrica 15mg 4 ps. a day. Still a have in the afternoon a painful limp and hard to sleep, so i take a Stella per night. I was wisiting Poland a couple of weeks ago, and was asked why i dont have the steroid block? I was not aware of that it was such things, and asked my doctor when i came back to my contry. But she hadent an idea! Can anyone tell me what this is? i want to show it to my doctor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2009
Community Volunteer
From my knowledge on this subject and believe me I do have some being born without knee caps, the steroid block is just a temporary shot to ease the pain...During the course of my life I have had more than a few of them...I, too, live in pain...Age does not help it...I cannot take Ibuprofen as I have high blood pressure so simply take a lesser degree medication...For me there is no relief, but I am alive...I cannot have a knee replacement as my circulation is not that great...Saying this, I, like you have learned to live with it...Honey, grin and bear it...We are both alive....Much luck to you...

Caroline
|

replied October 26th, 2009
When you say "temporary".. for how long does it help you?
Is there side effects that are dangerous... or more dangerous then eating 3 handfulls of pills eavry day?
My problems is often worst in winter time, and when i have been training weekly my problems are smaller. Eaven if my pain is never copletly gone, i hope to continue my training to progress to a "normal" pillfree life someday. I know how pain do bring a person down mentaly. But if there is a chance to have a painfree holiday, so eaven for a couple of weeks, it would bring new hope to deal with life.
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2009
Community Volunteer
This you will have to speak to your Orthopedist about...I have no idea of what this could do for you...Going to the gym once a week may make your "well being" better, but it sure is not going to help your knee...One thing that you learn as you age is that you can't buy youth...You learn to accept the things that you cannot change...I sure wish you well and hope that you find the comfort in life that you search for...Good luck....

Caroline
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....