Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

knee joint pain

about a month and a half ago i began to have muscle pains almost every day. often the pains would move from place to place and i even began to have joint pains in my knees, i even noticed a rash on the top of my foot which resembled pimples and itched. as of about 3 weeks ago the pains seemed to disappear and the rash on my food is no longer itchy but there are red spots remaining. now 2 days ago i began staying up through the nite averaging about 2 hours of sleep per nite due to finals week (im 19 in college). im now sick with a slight fever, sore throat and the joints in my knees are beginning to hurt again. also lately i seem to be losing my appetite. could all these symptoms somehow be related to any kinds of cancer? im wasn't sure where to post this, thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
This doesn't seem like a cancer related.
Sleep deprivation leads to weaker immune system, so, you probably caught a common cold virus these last days.

Was this rash located just on your feet?
Was it moving from place to place?
|

replied December 21st, 2008
mostly just on my feet but some did pop up on my arms and even hands which itched. now for about a week, 2 large pimple looking bumps on my neck which do not pop and dont seem to be doing much. also i have canker sore type things all over my tongue which hurt pretty bad. im just nervous because my grandpa died of lymphoma and my other grandpa was just diagnosed with it a couple days ago.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Rheumatic fever and vasculitis are the two major concerns in your case. I would suggest you to have echocardiography and ANA to sort out the underlying problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Joint pain and joint damage affect more than 45 million Americans. Learn the basics of joint anatomy, and types of joint damage here....
Common causes of joint disease include trauma, aging, stress and body weight. Are you at risk of damaging the joints? More here on causes of joint pain....
Is that lump on your wrist cause for concern? Learn to identify signs and symptoms of joint damage here. Plus, know when to seek help for joint pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.