Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Kids crawling style has raised serious concerns

Hello Doctor,

I have 4 months,23 days old baby boy on exclusive breast milk with 8 kgs and 69 cms tall.

He rolls over the tummy comfortably,lifts his head for few minutes with balance on his elbows,distinguishes familiar & non-familiar faces,Expressions(hunger,happy etc) are clear,lifts both his legs using his hands and eats toe finger,holds object using both the hands,regular in bowel movement,passing urine,likes to sleep and spend time on tummy.

From few days he is crawling & crawling style has raised some concern for me.

He is presses upper left half of the body against carpet and uses upper right half of the body to crawl.He is not lifting his head at that time.He makes lot of noise while crawling.

One more thing I have observed when the kid is on tummy if I keep any toy near right hand he tries to grab it immediately. But if I keep the same near left hand, response is not so good, every time he does not grab it.

What I want to understand is “Is this normal?"

Regards
LB
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2014
Thank you for asking

No it is not normal. get the kid to paediatric neurologist and let them sort out what is wrong. it could be in visual field or it could be some thing neurological.

Its not normal for sure. Its good that you are keeping an eye. When you see a doctor focus on your last words, his left side is active and he doesn't use his right side of the body in any activity from grabbing to posture etc.

Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infants , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.