Female...Three weeks ago I went to the hospital and a CT scan showed three kidney stones, one 7 mm one on the move. Since then, I've had aching kidneys, on and off, with the occasional shooting pain. Four days ago the pain moved to a specific spot in my groin, again, on and off. That day's xray was read today by the urologist and he says there's no stones! So, um, where'd they go? I have seen some small brown "flecks" in my urine, but not enough for a 7 mm stone! And why still the pain in my groin? As though it's scraping. If I touch my toes, the pain is sharper in that very spot, I'm supposed to get an ultrasound now... Any ideas what's going on???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 16th, 2013
Kidney stones
Female--Three weeks ago I went to the hospital and a CT scan showed five kidney stones, one 5 mm stuck in the groin almost bladder, two in my left kidney, and two in my right kidney. I have been in pain, dizzy, and not able to go to work. I was put on Flowmax. I have had xrays twice and told that all the stones are gone. I had an ultrasound and told that there is one in my left kidney and the right is clear. I went to the urologist he ordered another CT scan and told me that I need surgery. Today I get told that instead of surgery they want me to drink one to two gallons of water a day with lemon juice in it( I already am doing that), and they will mail me a list of foods to avoid. The lasted CT scan shows four in my left kidney, three in my right kidney and one in my bladder. I have only caught one very small one in the strainer and I tried to give it to the urologist and he handed it back. He wants to see me in a year. Now, I am confused. I am still in pain. I have a migraine, I'm dizzy and I keep ending up vomiting and I keep running a fever up to 102. I was given Cipro, and Zorhan. I am not able to take NSAIDS so I take Tylenol. I don't think the Doctors know what they are doing when it comes to women.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...