Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Kidney Stones and blood clots in urine

Hi. Last week I had the worst pain I ever felt and ended up in the Emergency Room where they told me I had a 4mm kidney stone. After a few days nothing was happening so I went to the doctor again and he decided to remove it. When I went 2 days later to have it removed they could not see it so I could not be treated. Now, 3 days later, I am noticing blood in my urine for the first time. Furthermore, in the urine seems to be little what I assume to be blood clots floating. I would normally go back to the doctor but now I am 3 hours away.

Does anyone know if this is normal or why this is happening?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2008
Supporter
Kidney stone symtpoms
Blood in the urine is another symptom of a kidney stone. IT's not normal, and you should seek medical help. Stones or a blockage of the ureter can be seen on the following diagnostic tests, so you can request any one of these for more information:

* Abdominal CT scan
* Abdominal/kidney MRI
* Abdominal x-rays
* Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
* Kidney ultrasound
* Retrograde pyelogram
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...