Above were the instructions to my husband after the stones were removed. Not that I don't want to be a good wife but this is causing problems as far as our diet and my cooking. I do not eat fish and we do love vegetables but still... Has anyone heard of this? How careful must we be? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I can't say I have heard of this. I have never had stones though. I have an obstruction. Did the Dr. say why?
|

replied May 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Kidney Stone Removed - No chicken, limited beef and pork
oceanbaby wrote:
Above were the instructions to my husband after the stones were removed. Not that I don't want to be a good wife but this is causing problems as far as our diet and my cooking. I do not eat fish and we do love vegetables but still... Has anyone heard of this? How careful must we be? Thanks.

Hi and Welcome to ehealth

I get stones a lot. The only thing I can think of the sodium but even then I don't think there's much sodium in these meats. Is he on a liquid diet?

When is going in for his stones to be removed? How are they going to remove them?
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Welcome to ehealth
The only thing I can think of is the protein. Sometimes they reduce the protein so your kidneys don't have to work as hard. ?? How is he feeling now?
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...