Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

kidney stone its symptoms and its effects

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
i have kidney stone of 3.5mm
.i was digonosed by the doctor and he pescribed citric acid oral solution .My question is can this stone be dissolved using some medicine because i dont want to undergo operation.Moreover,most of the time i have loose motions, does kidney stone have anything to do with my stomach problem.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2011
Hello and thank you for your post on e health forum.

The likelihood that a ureteral stone will pass appears to be determined by its size (i.e., greatest diameter).

Stones less than 4 mm , usually can be treated by conservative measures and hydrotherapy.

Conservative approach with hydration therapy can be used for 2-3 weeks to allow the stone to move out.

If your kidney stone is caused by an excess of calcium, you may be advised to reduce the amount of oxalates in your diet. Oxalates prevent calcium from being absorbed by your body, and can accumulate in your kidney to form a stone.

Foods that contain oxalates include: beetroot, asparagus, rhubarb, chocolate, berries, leeks, parsley, celery, almonds, peanuts and cashew nuts, soy products, grains, such as oatmeal, wheat germ and wholewheat,

To avoid developing a uric acid stone, you should reduce the amount of meat, poultry and fish in your diet. You may also be prescribed medication to change the levels of acid, or alkaline, in your urine.

Renal stones are not usually associated with diarrhea.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.