Im 20 and i've never had any type of UTI. I've learned about them in my infectious disease class, so i know how they are caused but i dont know what they feel like. It started a few days ago. As i start to urinate, my right kidney hurts, but only for a second. It only hurts enough for me to notice, and the pain stops right away. It been getting a little worse every day. Do i have a kidney infection? if so, or if not, what do i do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Pain caused by the kidneys is typically felt in the flank area, which is in the back, just at the lower edge of the ribs on either side of the spine. Pain caused by the kidneys tends to be sharp, severe and occur in waves.
Kidney infection leads to a sharp, aching pain and even the lightest touch in the flank area is painful.
Fever, nausea, vomiting are additional symptoms.
If you are experiencing dull pain as urinating, you may have some gradual blockage to urine flow.

So, it is important to give information about the character of pain, where is exactly located and if it is spreading.

If this pain becomes worse every day, visit your physician.
|

replied April 24th, 2009
Burning or pain with urination (dysuria) may be felt at the opening to the urethra or, less often, over the bladder (in the pelvis, the lower part of the abdomen just above the pubic bone). Occasionally, if a woman has vaginal irritation (for example, due to inflammation or infection of the vagina or of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvovaginitis), she may feel a burning sensation when urinating.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....