Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

kidney failure. my dad is gaining 3-6pounds of fluid a week.

my dad has been a diebetic for 10+yrs. he alsfao has congestive heart failure and emphasyma and copd. last week doctor told him he was in kidney failure and there was nothing else they could do for him. he is gaining 3-6pounds of fluid a week. that wont come off. just keeps swelling all the time in his legs feet and ankles. now also in his face. please what does this mean. how long can he survive like this with no treatmeant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 12th, 2012
I'm not sure if I can help you but my dad has been diabetic and obese, his kidney failed as well. He's also gaining a lot of fluid and he's on dialysis...he's told me he gets the fluid out through that. I wish I could help you but that's all I know, I'll pray for you and your dad.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...