Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I am a 70 year old man and I was admitted into the hospital March 28 because I was in renal failure. At that time my BUNN was 123, Creatinine 5.98 and GFR 8. Meanwhile as you can see from results below, it wasn't the only this wrong. They said it was acute renal failure and I should just be patient for numbers to get better. Here are all of my results now and not one doctor can give me answers as to why this is all happening .I reviewed all of my blood results and all of my bloods work has been bad since 2013. The kidney failure and results have me questioning more and wanting answers. They just want to monitor to see if they get better.

WBC 3.7
RBC 3.45
Total Hemoglobin 10.4
Hematocrit 31.4
Red Cell Distribution Width 17.5
BUNN 55
Creatinine 3.06
GFR 20
Chloride 108
Potassium 6.03
CO2 16
Calcium 8.3
Total Protein 5.9
Albumin 3.2
Alkaline Phosphatase 120
Albumin Electrophoresis 2.8
lGA 463
IGM 37
lg Kappa Free Light chain 131.3
lg Lambda Free Light Chain 70.9
Kappa/Lambda FluidC Ratio 1.85
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
The laboratory results are consistent with monoclonal gammopathy of free kappa chain variety with renal failure. Consult oncologist for further management.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diagnostics & Test Results , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.