Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

kidney-complex cyst & unidentified mass

We go to see the consultant next Thursday for results. It's my mom, she's 76. She had a scan in dec 2009 which showed a complex cyst and unidentified mass. She's just had an ultrasound last week and gets the results next thursday. She only told me about this yesterday. I don't even think she understood what it meant. I got back from her place tonight and I've been googling like mad. Nothing I've read/found gives me any hope. The 'mass' is likely to be a cancerous tumour. The complex cyst can become one. I think she's going to die. She's 76 so they can't/won't operate. I'm just typing this crying. I know no one can tell me anything specific. Like I said we see the consultant next thursday. I just needed to type it out - say what I'm thinking. Can anyone tell me there is even the possibility this isn't as bad as I think it is ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Helentony
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2011
Hi helentony i just came across your post and was wondering how things have gone with r mam in the last year?? i was also diagnosed with a complex cyst on left kidney i'm having an operation next month. I'm 28 so it's a scary time.

I hope ye are all doin ok. yee are in my prayers.
|

replied August 30th, 2013
having a ultr sound Tuesday for a cyct they found 3 cm on left breast and im scared its cancer.now on Thursday im going to get a biopsy on my left kidney for a mass in left kidney im scared
did anyone have this .I didn't no the 3 cm is that bad and grew and the mass on kidney in 1.5 it was 1.2 from 13 years ago could it be cancer
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...