Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Alternative Medicine Forum

Keratosis Pilaris treatment

Hello im a student with a course of pharmacy in Philippines im graduating this school year and must complete my theisis. I would like my theisis to have something to do with keratosis pilaris treatment. I would like to formulate a drug or remdy from a herbal plant or any. My I ask if anyone knows a very good herbal remedy for keratosis pilaris if so may you let me know it. Maybe we can study or formulate that plant and later make it as a good medications or drug product for us keratosis pilaris sufferers. Or can anyone insight about natural remedy for keratosis pilaris. Thank you for you concerned and support!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
I did a little preliminary research on your question. Here's some research completed by the U.S. government on the subject:

NCCAM National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine

Vitamin A

Mayo Clinic

Clinical Trials

Center for Disease Control

replied May 28th, 2008
Whoa thanks for the reply and to other people please utter some comments and suggestions about these things.
Thanks again!
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Supporter
You might want to consult with some local traditional medicine healers and see what kinds of herbs they use for skin issues. It's been my experience that the people who know the most about herbs are those that have the knowledge of their use passed down to them. Are there any people like this in the Philippines?
|

replied May 29th, 2008
yup but most of the time those herbs are for common ailments like headache, stomachache, cough. But in my case I want and is looking for are herbs that made to be for keratosis pilaris and probably used for cosmetics particularly in smoothening the skin. How about you in your place?
|

replied September 16th, 2009
good luck with your research! I have Keratosis Pilaris and it is my worst nightmare, I hate it so much! I hope someone finds an effective treatment soon!
|

replied November 1st, 2009
hi cuteako... I'm from the Philippines and i also suffer from KP. What do you use as a medication now? I hope you could share yours. tnx! pls.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Lactic acid, glycolic acid, salicylic acid , These are natural acids that are used for treating KP. I would try Lactic acid first because it the most gentle and hydrating.
|

replied December 13th, 2009
help with Keratosis
For my 12 year old daughter I have found a product that increases Glutathione levels and after 3 months it has helped her Keratosis. We have tried every over the counter treatment as well as prescriptions. No only does she have more energy, her hair is stronger and skin is looking beautiful. The product is Max Gxl by max international.
|