i have been on keppra 500 mg twice a day for 3 months only as a preventative.i have been so emotional.I am a christian who believes in god and being on this medicine is turning me away from everyone and everything slowly.I feel good alot of the time,but then i just have rage build up inside me for little petty things that shouldn't bother me.Then i could be happy and then be crying over things.I am a female so i am already emotional when it comes to my period once a month ,but then to throw in this keppra is like the worst thing that i have to experience.I do pretty good at controlling myself,but not anymore.I'm getting depressed,moody,sad,then happy,scared, think i'm gonna die,or someone close to me is,very forgetful, easily side tracked.Then on top of all that my joints,bones, muscles,all hurt,i feel achy... The Doctor wont let me off yet,i dont think it's fair.I remember my neurologist telling me it's the safest one to take, its FDA aprroved.It should be taken off the market because there is going to be someone out there who is giong to or already has killed there rainbow self,or someone else,if they are not strong enough to fight to live,or smart enough to know it's the KEPPRA...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2010
You don't say y ur taking Keppra. I took it for seizure control along w/Lamictal, Tegretol, and klonopin. Six years ago, my private Dr. wanted to put me on Zonegren, but the VA Dr. said it caused suicidal thoughts. Instead, she put me on Keppra, 500 Mg twice a day. 2 years ago, the dame VA Dr. took me off of it cuz it caused suicidal thoughts. My pharmacist told mr the FDA was looking into pulling it off the shelves, but I've heard that about alot of Meds still on the shelf. All I know is since I've been off it my moods have greatly improved. IDK, maybe you should see another Dr. or get yours to give you something else. It's your body and your decision....Ray
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....