User Profile
Keloids have hit a new level in my life! Too the point where i get frustrated and dont want to go out Crying or Very sad it makes me feel depressed and feel like im locked up in my room for no reason!i want to know why they hurt so bad and afterward get really itchy?!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
keloid_beauty02,

Keloids are basically just an overgrowth of normal scar tissue. While most patients do not seem to have any more problems with pain in them than with normal scars, they do have the capability to hurt, have a needle-like pain, or to itch without warning, although the degree of sensation varies from patient to patient.

The pain and itching is felt to be from the excess collagen fibers pulling on the normal tissues around them. The pins and needles like sensations that some patients have, usually comes from nerves within the skin that are trying to regenerate after being injured.

If the scar is a new one, the symptoms may subside once the scar has matured. If it is an old scar, and you are having problems with it, then you might want to see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see if there are any treatments for the scars.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2011
Thank you that was helpful i really didnt know why it got so itchy/painful yes the neddle sensation feels horrible. I do hope see a dermotologist soon thanks.
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....