Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Parkinson Disease Forum

Juvenile Parkinson's / Parkinsonism ?

Several months ago I started noticing it being harder to move the right side of my body and so far it's progressed into rigidity and a lessened range of motion. The doctors at the local hospital found nothing wrong on the CT/MRI and since I'm young they said it's probably conversion disorder. But I can't think of any reason why it would be.

I've been seeing a neurologist out of town recently and I'm getting blood tests and MRIs with and without contrast to try and figure this out. Is it possible I'm unlucky enough to have Juvenile Parkinson's/Parkinsonism?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 30th, 2014
Hi Jeugirl,

Did you ever get your diagnosis? My daughter is 14 and was diagnosed about a year ago with Juvenile Parkinsons and is being seen at the University of San Francisco.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
1/2 million Americans are diagnosed with Parkinsons. Click here for basic information and a definition of Parkinson Disease, a movement disorder of the brain. ...
Do doctors know what causes Parkinson's Disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? More info on risk factors here....
We outline the common symptoms of Parkinsons and list the types of movement disorders that accompany the disease. Plus, know when to seek medical help....