I've been battling with all kinds of eating disorders for a few years now.
I've had them all. I'm so sick of food being so controlling over my life.
Counting calories, not eating, over exercising, over eating - purging, over eating - not purging.
Why does this even happen? You can blame the media, magazine, models, males?
I've been educated about what this does to your body and self esteem, yet I still do these things.
I'm sick of the guilt, the depression, the confusion, the expectations, the helplessness.
I want to shake the idea that being "beautiful" is the most important thing in life.
I know this is not the case. Yet - society makes me feel as if I need to do this to myself to be accepted.
To look how thin, to be "perfect".
I look at myself in the mirror and wonder when i'll be happy. I'm trying so hard to quit these bad habbits.
I dont feel like myself anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2013
You are not alone Smile This post was really helpful to me because it's important to me to know that other people struggle. I'm actually crying right now because I never let my self feel overwhelmed by my eating habits (bad or good, starving myself or eating healthy) and sometimes I need to hear that it is human to be overwhelmed, and its human to keep pushing ourselves to what we believe out ideal should be. Just thank you again. I'm still struggling but everyday I regain some confidence and move my eating habits towards more normal goals. I guess I needed to vent too. You/re not alone!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....