Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

just mucus around my stools and blood?

User Profile
at first when i went to the bathroom and pooed there was just mucus around my stools and that was it.. that lasted a few weeks.. then a couple days ago when i passed gas there was like a puddle of mucus in my underwear, then it happened the next day as well. it didnt happen yesterday because yesterday i got a new symptom, blood. when i pooed there was nothing but when i wiped there was blood on the paper. then this morning i went to the bathroom and when i passed gas it was like blood sprayed out.. its bright red and when i wiped there was some to. i am so scared i dont know what it is.. but i have googled it and they said hemorrhoids is a possibility. there is also a possibility that i am pregnant.. i case that matters. i will be 18 in a month and i am terrified.. please help me anyone please

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2012
Hemorrhoids Answer A38856
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. The bleeding from the anus commonly occurs due to either anal fissure or hemorrhoids (piles). Both these conditions usually result from chronic constipation. In anal fissure, there’s a rupture of the mucosal lining of the anus and this usually causes a lot of pain while passing stools. In piles, there’s usually painless bleeding. Another important cause is some growth within the colon/rectum. These conditions can be looked for only after a local examination and investigations. Please make sure that you don’t get constipated often. Please do consult a surgeon and get yourself examined. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.