hi guys - new here....
went to doctor for 6 weeks of throat pain... ran bloodwork and he called today to say everything was normal except my glucose was 40. i am 5' 2", 107 lbs. i had blood work done back in april and my glucose was 82.
i am shocked...

i read around on the forum and have come to the startling conclusion that 40 is really, really dangerously low? and all he said to do was eat 6 times a day (HA!) and monitor how i feel...

advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
Hello Kristy,

Drs are amazing aren't they...lol. 40 is very low. Some signs of your sugar dropping is nausea, headaches, stomach cramps, visual disturbances ... google the common signs. But when I get the above symptoms I quickly get a cup of milk or juice to drink or I grab a couple carrots. Sometimes all 3. Juice quickly gets your sugar levels back up and milk/carrots help to get them up and burn longer in your system so your sugar won't drop as quickly.

Here is a link to a diet to assist you.
http://www.carymed.com/hypoglycemia.pdf

Good luck and hope this helps. Smile
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
Hello Kristy,

Drs are amazing aren't they...lol. 40 is very low. Some signs of your sugar dropping is nausea, headaches, stomach cramps, visual disturbances ... google the common signs. But when I get the above symptoms I quickly get a cup of milk or juice to drink or I grab a couple carrots. Sometimes all 3. Juice quickly gets your sugar levels back up and milk/carrots help to get them up and burn longer in your system so your sugar won't drop as quickly.

Here is a link to a diet to assist you.
carymed.com / hypoglycemia.pdf

Good luck and hope this helps. Smile
|