Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Just found out I have mild dysplasia, hpv. scared...

I'm 19 and have been getting annual paps since I was 15. my last papin Feb. came back abnormal and hpv positive. after my colposcopy(sp)a week ago,I've found out I have mild dysplasia. I have been faitful with the same man for over a year and a half and he tells me im his first and one and only and I truly believe that.

Before him, I dated a guy off and on in highschool, the last time I slept with him was October 2009 Is it possible that I contracted HPV from him and its just now showing up 3 years later? or is my current boyfriend lying? because like i've said i have had annual paps.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 12th, 2012
Yes, it is possible for HPV to show up years later.
|

replied June 23rd, 2012
Not just possible, but very likely. Mine didn't show up for 7 years. And my husband is not one to be unfaithful. The doctor also told me it commonly shows up years later, and you might never know where it came from. It's the most common std out there. I would be very consistent with your pap smears and you will be perfectly fine. Mild dysplasia almost always goes away on its own. Doctors do not even treat mild dysplasia with a LEEP or Cone or anything. If you want to help your body get rid of it, eat more veggies, take a good multi-vitamin, bulk up on the Vitamin A, stay away from fast food and sludge food. Basically, give your immune system a boost. Research/Google "How to get rid of cervical dysplasia naturally". It does work!!
Always follow doctor's recommendations if he/she thinks you need a procedure, but if he says watch and wait (which I bet he did in your situation) then its perfectly safe to try to heal your body of the dysplasia with these recommendations. Good Luck!!
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....