Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Just feel bad for the past four weeks after pos. exposure

Hello, long story short, I am afraid someone cut me with something when i was handing them some money on the street. homeless guy with a sign. anyway, didn't notice anything or any blood till after i went home, washed my hands, and opened a bottle of wine. then, while holding my glass, noticed a cut about half a centimeter in length. fairly deep, but not really bloody. kinda like a paper cut maybe but seemed a little bigger. so, then i freaked out and thought this guy cut me! I don't remember cutting myself while opening the bottle of wine. so, then, i was fine for the first few days, then one night i had a slight fever of 99 and felt ache. after that, it went a way, but i have had persistent issues with my health which is very unusual. I don't get sick much at all. i have had a headache almost everyday for about two weeks. I would say it has been a little over a month since the event. i also developed a little cough today. i feel very tired and dizzy almost. i am not in anyway unable to function. As a matter of fact, I go to the gym and perform fairly normally since this event. I have lost some weight as well, but it might be from me watching my diet and exercise.(is the weight loss they mention extreme, or even a possible symptom since it has only been five weeks or so?) I also have stomach pain that sometimes wakes me up at night. but it also happens during the day. it goes away when i eat most of the time, but then returns shortly after. i have not had the feeling like i had the flu except for that one day shortly after the event. i don't have swollen lymph nodes that i have noticed. i don't have any rashes that i have seen and i have been looking... i would say my stool has been a little funny lately as well, but not diarrhea. i would say my worst feelings are, anxiety, but this continued unhealthy feeling just won't go away, so i am starting to panic. what are the chances this is anything based on what i described? do you think i would have noticed being cut, or blood on my hand before i washed them?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 21st, 2012
so, just thought i would update what i wrote here. as of last night, i have what seems to be the full blown flu. achey all over, fever 101.4 and coughing a little. no runny nose, no stuffiness. swollen glands in the neck from what i can tell. i joints hurt too. no rash that i can see. am i just being parinoid? or is there a chance this is real.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....