Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

just fatty lumps in the fatty tissue of lower abdomen?l

User Profile
i have sore tender lumps in my lower left abdomen like in the fat..i went to the doctor was given a papsmear and pelvic ultrasound both normal..have had numerous blood tests all normal.
i was then given a ct scan with contrast of the pelvis and abdomen which was also normal so no explanation on the lumps.i first thought they were lymph nodes but the ct scan said there was no swollen lymph doctor told me if they were lymph nodes and big enough to feel they would be big enough to see on ct scan.they say they are just fatty lumps seeing they are in the fatty tissue of my lower abdomen.
is this right should i believe my doctor and the ct scan?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A32615
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the CT scan has ruled out presence of abnormal lumps, swollen lymph nodes etc, then you can relax. The fatty lumps that you describe could be due to lipoma (benign fat tumors). The lumps could suggest presence of endometriosis if these change in response to hormonal changes during menstrual cycles, and if they become tenderer during and after periods. You can consider taking second opinion from another doctor or a dermatologist. Further treatment measures would be suggested after careful examination and evaluation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.