Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Just accepted that I have anxiety and im Scared

I have been obsessing about lots of things big & small for a little over a year now. I just went to my family physician because It has taken over my life. Here is a list of the most recent. Some of these issues have popped into my head in the past few months even though the event happened well over 12 years ago. I have put the problem and then my rection. Each one of these things have been sources of sleepless nights, not being able to eat, and non-stop worry.

My indoor cat got some fleas = my house is infested

17 years ago when I was 15 and I was dating my boyfriend at the time (now my husband)I kissed another boy and never to this day have told my husband. = Im a cheater.

I lost a check (made out to someone ) most likly threw it away by mistake = someone will fish it out of the garbage and use it to drain my account.

and the most recent one. This is the biggest and by far the worst

We had a terrible terrible thing happen in our area just recently. A woman and her 10 year old daughter were forced into their car tied up and driven to a deserted area. The Mother was stabbed and killed and the 10 year old was raped. This happened in a parkinglot that I had walked through with my daughters about 50 minutes before. The awful man was caught. = I am terrified!!!!! We are not safe!!!!! How do I keelp my family safe in public?

How can I trust my therapist not to tell anyone, is it safe to talk to a therapist. Will my therapist have to report me for things like shoplifting a bumper sticker when I was a teenager, splapping my daughters hand or having spanked her. The list goes on and on.

Why does my brain jump to the worst case scenario. Nothing I do stops it and one bad thought leads to a "what if" one after another.

The internet has been horrible for me. I have been googling information non stop and I know its not good for me but I cant stop.

Hopefully this forum will be a better outlet.

I even fear that embarrassing things that I may want to discuss will somehow be overheard or told to someone else by the therapist or by someone in the office.

In rational moments I know these thoughts are irrational but I still have these feelings.

Am I the only one???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper movielover
|

replied March 19th, 2013
Please anyone???? I just want to know how you cope and what to expect. Maybe ease some of my fears about any of my issues.
|

replied March 19th, 2013
I do the same things. Its either black or white
|
Users who thank movielover for this post: guest65984 

replied March 20th, 2013
My husband has been really good but I can tell he is frutrated. I feel so bad.
|

replied April 12th, 2013
It sounds to me like you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). If you go to the dr for it they will want to put you on anti-depressents.
Your problem is something that you have to work on yourself and it will be a work in progress for years to come but you will learn to manage it. You simply worry too much and must learn to let it go. If you are a religous person, pray about it. If you are not, get a guided meditation cd. Do visualization. Visualize yourself as you would like to be...confident, strong, grateful for your life and everything in it. Be kind to yourself and let the old judgements and negative thoughts flow from your body. You're really a beautiful soul. Let your past mistakes go, it's not who you are now. Stop payment on that check or close the account if necessary. Have your home exterminated if that's what it takes. That was a terrible think that man did and there have always been people doing bad things, thankfully, the percentage is extremely low. Be grateful it wasn't you.

Get exercise and stay away from caffine, especially when you're feeling anxious.
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2013
My debilitating anxiety and flood of panic attacks didn't go away until I started taking medication. They landed me in the hospital three times. I spent the night in a psyche ward for a reaction to the first medication I was given. But since changing meds I have been happy and self controlled;this includes controlling,my thoughts. For the past three months I have established a routine that fits ME. I make sure I take my medicine and go about my day. I've even completed projects for local childrens programs. You can control your thoughts and go about your day feeling safe too. But you have to let people help you. You have to pick one group of professionals and trust them. Admit your judgment isn't working for you and the mental health professionals really want to help you. My only regret was not trusting doctors and therapists sooner.
|

replied July 8th, 2013
You don't have to worry about this anxiety starts due to the imbalance of a chemical serotonin ... in-order to combat this you must consult your doctor who will provide you with the medicine which will either stabilize your mood or he might give you with a medicine that will balance your serotonin levels...Remember it is not in the human hand to control this......
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...