Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Just a thought on this forum in general

It just seems to be overwhelmed with pretty standard questions of
IS SO AND SO BI-POLAR PLEASE HELP!?! and occasional horror stories about someone who had a bad experience with the someone with the disorder.

I think questions and statements such as these have their place, but I came here looking for some support as someone who suffers from the disorder. I dunno, maybe I should just look elsewhere, and I understand our community cant just be exclusive to us.
But there has to be a better alternative.
Right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I think you have a very valid point. You need a place to comiserate, exchange and find support with others that share your disorder. There is some of that type of exchange here. Feel free to start a thread with any issue that you have on your mind. Many people that post here have a bipolar disorder. I hope you will post a question or thought here. See what type of response you get. You may be surprised. If you don't get what you need let me know and I will try to find a way to help you with this.
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2009
Experienced User
Just a Thougth
Hello ThelovelyMrKupo,

Yeap you will get support here. I don't mean to be facetious at all, or wanting to sound like a "smart [email protected]#ch" This is not my aim at all.

I suffer (and that is the right word - as was stable but now fighting depression and hoping it might get better in a few days, as really don't want to bother my pdoc - he is great). Can't speak for others but know I do indeed suffer.

Blast, off the topic of your messages, now back.

And this is the only way I know how to get support on this forum or any for that matter, is to tell others your "story". Or if you have a problem ask a question about it.

Welcome to ehealth and ask away,

JennyRobin
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
After reading this post, I do feel guilty!

I talked about my horror story before. I think sometimes those dramatic tales could discourage someone with bipolar from feeling like there is a community of support here.

Recently, I considered whether or not I should have posted my grievances with someone in the bipolar forum because I know a lot of people with bipolar come here for a sense of community with others who have the condition. The bipolar forum does have a high number of posts about a troubled relationship of some kind. I do think placing them in the relationship category of the forum would be a better classification. sunny
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...