Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

just a round slightly hard lump?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I noticed a small bump on the outer parts of vagina a few days ago . It does not itch or ache,and there is no odd discharge, just a round slightly hard lump. I am sexual active but only with one partner for more than a year. But before i havent been active for the last 3 month and i noticed the bump almost a week ago. Should i be worried ?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A32280
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the vulval lump that you describe without examining it. If has been persistent, you should consider getting it examined by your doctor/gynecologist to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.