Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

joint pain, my eyes are tender, my body aches all over

User Profile
I have had flu like symptoms for about 5 months now, joint pain, my eyes are tender when I blink, body aches all over, mental fog and some vertigo, more so when I just lie down or bend over. I legs are shakt and my muscles feel very weak. I have extreme fatigue. My TSH level was just tested and is very high although I take 2 Diotroxin every morning. Could hypothyroidism cause all these symptoms>

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2012
Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Answer A30145
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

A high TSH level indicates that the dose of thyroxine, is still low for you.

Yes, most of the symptoms that you have mentioned could be due to hypothyroidism.

Some important symptoms of hypothyroidism include - sensitivity to cold, constipation, depression, Fatigue, Joint or muscle pain, Paleness or dry skin, Weakness and Weight gain (unintentional).

You might consult with your doctor for a proper evaluation and titration of your thyroid medications. This might help to resolve your symptoms.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Joint pain and joint damage affect more than 45 million Americans. Learn the basics of joint anatomy, and types of joint damage here....
Common causes of joint disease include trauma, aging, stress and body weight. Are you at risk of damaging the joints? More here on causes of joint pain....
Is that lump on your wrist cause for concern? Learn to identify signs and symptoms of joint damage here. Plus, know when to seek help for joint pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.