Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

joint pain, muscle cramping and bruising?

User Profile
Good morning,

I am Sara, 25 year old. I've been suffering of joint pain, mostly on my knees, for around 5 years.
I have been experiencing increasing episodes of muscle cramps, mostly in my legs, since last year. I've been also experiencing bruising in my knees after walking for as little as 30min.
My x-rays seem to be normal and the doctors can't find a reason for my pain and cramps.
One for the doctors I went to has told me that I have fibromyalgia, but it seems strange to me since I have bruising.
I have no vision problems but I also noticed a small stain of blood in my eyes, I thought it was for being tired of reading too much but now I have it also sometimes when I wake-up.
My blood tests seem to be normal, the only strange value is a low lactate dehydrogenase, that no one seems to be able to explain.
I hope you can give me some hints on what could be the right diagnosis since I've been to many different doctor without success.

Greetings,
Sara

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2014
Fibromyalgia Answer A46277
hi there,
sorry to hear about your health problems
fibromyalgia is a diagnosis of exclusion
to rule out other causes,
i would like to know about the pain,its severity,location,pain else where in the body,stiffness in the joint,skin changes and progression,relieving and exacerbating factors.

I want you to know that it is a chronic pain condition and it needs a complete management from diet and lifestyle to compliance in medicines.Maintain proper sleep routines and keep the food journals. Slowly wean off caffeine, because abruptly stopping caffeine will increase fatigue and pain, headaches, anxiety, and sleep disturbance.avoid alcohol completely for 6 months minimum.No tobacco and no consumption of chemical-laden foods, refined sugars, white flour, aspartame, and monosodium glutamate (MSG).No rich carbohydrates.
A diet high in fresh vegetables, fish, and fiber. Green, leafy, and yellow vegetables is recommended.
Fruits such as citrus fruits, apples, berries, cantaloupe, and peaches may be preferred.
Antioxidants like Vitamins (eg, C, E), minerals (eg, selenium, zinc), and phytochemicals and vitamin D supplements will help.
Seek a rheumatologist for further management.

i would like to do a peripheral smear,liver function tests,coagulation profile,serum ana,lupus anticoagulants,RA factor,esr
try to relax,take help from a physiotherapist,muscle relaxants and painkillers will b helpful
regards
thanks for using ehealth forum
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fibromyalgia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.