Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

joint pain/ dry eyes / dry mouth / itchy skin

I suffer from joint pains, mainly in my knees, hips, wrists & ankles, although I have felt these pains in all of my joints at some point. I also suffer from dry eyes, a dry mouth & increasingly itchy, sensitive skin.

I do not have arthritis or sjorgrens syndrome.

If anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong with me, I'd really appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 30th, 2011
Joint pain
I've started experiencing the exact same issues about 3 months ago. I haven't really come up with any solutions but have figured out (at least for me) a few ways to make all symptons a little better. I stopped watching TV and spending time on the computer 2 hours before I go to bed (dry eye problem is 50% better). I run on the treadmill for about 40 minutes 5 nights a week and that has improved my sleep which in turn has helped my joint problems (especially lower back)considerably. I have found that when I sleep poorly my joint pain is much worse. The itchy skin I attribute to poor sleep too. When I sleep well, problem is almost non-existent. So I have just been working on ways to have a better nights sleep. I have also found that when I'm stressed my joint pain flares up. Hope some of this was helpful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....