Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Jock itch/or not/ doesn't go away

First sorry for my english if I make an mistake or don't know how to explain it.
A month ago I've got these itchi patches between the testicles and thigh. I thought is just a rash it'll go away. After 2 weeks didn't go away I looked on the internet and the best description was Jock Itch and I bought a over the counter anti fungal clotrimazole cream. I've been using it for 2 weeks now.

The itch kinda went away. It itches 1-2 times a day not always like before. but the rash it's still there.
I've looked at jock itch pictures and i'm not sure it's just like I have.
Jock itches on pictures is red.. mine is a discolored, not white but lighter color than scrotum on my scrotum and lower pubic area and the "rash" it's raised a little bit. And it's not bumps.. it's like 2 patches one on the left part of the scrotum one on the right that unite just above the penis. Is it jock itch? will it go away soon? thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2015
Thank you for asking at ehealthforum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Jock itch may be resistant. Alone antifungals are not sufficient. Addition of hydrocortisone cream for the rash, keeping the groin neat and tidy and hair free is mandatory. Wearing loose undergarments is must. Dont let your groin sweat.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.