I recently had a wisdom tooth to abcess. I have been on amoxicillin and have taken all of them. The pain and swelling are gone and the extraction is scheduled in 6 days. It is still a little sore on that side. But my concern is, I still cannot open my mouth any wider than about an inch and half. It was this way when the swelling and pain were there but why is it not opening any better now?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
how long ago was this?? It took me a good month or 2 to have full range of motion again after this(i have tmd--so what was normal for me) put some heat on it and try to open it by stretching it. I dont mean by forcing it open--gentle stretching to point of resistance and then relax. also take ibuprophen with lots of water--also you may be developeing a case of tmd yourself---id wait a while before even worrying about this
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....