Hi, my cousin recently realised that her lower jaw has slanted to one side, and her mouth is therefore slanted too.

She is only 14 years old, based on the dentist this is very likely due to genetic problem.

What could be the problem and what is the recommended treatment?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 1st, 2010
Re: Jaw Misalignment
kemuning wrote:
Hi, my cousin recently realised that her lower jaw has slanted to one side, and her mouth is therefore slanted too.

She is only 14 years old, based on the dentist this is very likely due to genetic problem.

What could be the problem and what is the recommended treatment?

Thanks.
|

replied April 29th, 2010
Me too, it seems.
I was told that by the dentist today: my bottom jaw is bigger. He talked about surgery, and it''s confusing. Is it classed more as cosmetic surgery as it is not causing pain, or just something which should be modified? Truthfully, I am not concerned about surgery but the idea of braces which you need to wear before it. Do you know how long you must wear them for? Sorry for answering your question with questions.
|

replied June 18th, 2010
Jaw surgery is expensive and time consuming! I am researching the costs associated with the surgery and the braces I will need before the surgery.

From what I've read its quite a process, but most people are very happy with the results! Of course after the surgery you will experience some major discomfort, but that will go away in due time and the end results will almost make you look like a different person. I am definitely going to get this done, because my jaw has been giving me problems for some time now.
|