Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Its like my breathing is not being as it should.

Hi,
I am 25 years old male, I am a Jr. Consultant IT. I work only 8 hours a day, my nature of work is always computer and sitting doing computer work. My work rotation is 1 month night and 2 months morning, but today its 1 month night and 1 month morning. it's been almost 6 months that I couldn't be the same person I was before. Ever since, I start to have different symptoms which doesn't go away. It all started on April. 1st week of april I started to palpitate after drinking a brewed coffee. It was my first time to experience that kind of feeling. My heart was beating fast, feel hurt burn, chest pain and hard to breath. I was sent to the emergency twice. After I was advice to check with my Gastro and Cardiologist, the result of my check up with my cardio was fine and for my gastro, I was prescribe some medicine. After 1 month, having the same feeling of hard to breath and palpitate, I was told to undergo endoscopy. Before that, I was ask to take some test with H. Pylori. The result was negative and everything was fine. Then, after the endoscopy, the result was fine and couldnt find any problem except that he saw I have amoebiasis. He gave me anti bacteria medicine and after having it, I felt okay and no problem. After 3 weeks, I went to my gastro to report to him that I was burping all the time, he said if I am eating a lot of carbo foods, its normal. He said I am fine and no problem. Then, I listen to him and ignore my burping. Later, I felt headached, dizziness and feel like I am going to faint and hard to breath always. No vomits or anything else. This was around July. I went 3 time to my neurologist and prescribe me some medicine for my neck pain and head aches, but it didnt work. Everytime I take medicine I feel more dizzy. I made some research but not sure. I feel that I am developing anxiety. I had my Cardio test, like 24 holter, ecg and 2d echo. Everything is fine. I even check with a physical theraphy for my neck. I had only one session and stop doing it. After when I was advised by my neurologist. I went to a neurolist again to check my issue. I had a CT scan and EEG test. Everything is normal. This was taken august. She said stop going to doctor and I dont have any problems. Dont think so much about your health. I am still young and strong. That is what she said.I stopped and followed her advice, 1st week of September I started to develop breathing problem. I think to much of my breathing until now.
This past few months it was hard for me to be back who I was before. I am scared to take medicine, go out alone, travel far and always wanted to stay at home always and rest. And everytime I travel, example by bus, I started to have hard time to breath always. Its like my breathing is not being as it should be. Whenever I feel something that is near my heart, I always put my hands in my chest to feel my heart and always check my beath in my hands. I did some research about anxiety all the time. I am fighting it and trying my best.
It is really hard for me, as I want to know if I am really sick or not.All the symptoms I experienced are my first time. Which make me more worried and feel like I am going to die. Maybe nextweek I am planning to go to my general physician to see if I needed to check with a psychiatrist.

Your comments also would be helpful and can be a reference.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2011
I had the same as you when i was 22 now i am 50 and suffer bad with my nerves as i thought in the end i was going mad it was just panick attacks if you let it it will get the better of you and will rule your life like it did mine.Stop worrying about it and when it happens again let it pass go with the flow no worries just breath normal nothing is going to happen beleive me.
|

Did you also experienced having pain in different parts of your body? I am experiencing pain in my upper chest and it doesn't stay in one place but move in different parts of my upper body, later back pains near the wait line. Sometimes it takes hours before it goes off, and sometimes it takes minutes.

If it's a panic attack that I am experiencing right now, may I know how did you overcome it? I think exercise is also a good way to overcome it, but when I try to do it alone, fear comes to me. I wanted to be athletic person who I was before. But, experiencing this for the first time, limits me to go out and do sports.

As you mention about breath normal, I started doing it since monday. I was doing some research like how to overcome what I am experiencing and found that Deep Breathing exercise is one way of treating the anxiety.

So, how did you manage to overcome it? and how long did it take?

Thanks.
|

By the way, thanks for replying to my post. Smile
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2011
As you said you are Jr. Consultant IT with morning and night shifts for work alternatively. Are you having enough time to take rest and enjoy yourself? The symptoms you are speaking of can possibly develop into anxiety. Anxiety takes over you when you bother unnecessarily about things.
Your doctors have diagnosed you for every possible thing that your symptoms say. Try to remain calm when you feel those strange things happening to you and they'll go away within moments. Still if you feel the need to go to a doctor, find a good one and rest assured.
|

replied October 16th, 2011
anxiety and panic attac
Hi to everyone. I'm 25 years old female and I'm experiencing the same things as you do. My first panic attack was while I was working and I just felt like im going to faint and my head became heavy and very hot. Doctors made me do CT scan, brain and neck MRI because of my pain and everything came positive. Now I'm on medication, taking citalopram 20 mg a day and for 2 months now I haven't notice any progress as few days ago i had another strong panic attack. I'm doing yoga as I've read it is really good to overcome anxiety. Lately i noticed that I can hear my heart beating through my right ear. I've searched in internet and its called pulsatile tinnitus.

I would really appreciate any advice as I am really scared that something might happen to me and im still too young to deal with all this:s

Thanks
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...