Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

itchy viginal,red,sore after sex what do i do

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
please what do i do? its very itchy and later turn sore after sex,during sex its very painful,and its has been treated times without number and still persist so i dont know how else to treat this,and same thing happens to my patner's penis always itchy....please i need an answer to all this please doctor cant even urinate after sex because its always very painful... doctor
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Chances of vaginal infections cannot be ruled out by the symptoms as described by you. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination, vaginal swab/smear test, urine analysis, to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: itchy, sex, penis
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.