Hi,
I have a skin rash/hives on my scalp, the back of my neck and ocassionally on the middle of my back since one and a half year (on and off). The itch badly and they distrub my sleep because I wake up at night and have to put something on it (vinegar and tree tee oil seems to help the itching) or if I'm still half asleep I just stretch it and then it spreads. It's also makes my hair very greasy and when it's greasy the itching is worse so I have to wash it every second day. It seems to get worse over time. My medical background: I had tonsilitis five years ago and I has to take penicillin, I was also taking anti baby pills for 8 years with one 8 month brake and just stopped it four moth ago, I had some minor problems with my teeths, and a few weeks ago an x-ray was made (in case it's some hidden dental infection) but nothing was found. I was also diagnosed 4 years ago with insulin resistance, since then I'm on a low-carb diet, my result are good, blood sugar is usually stable and normal. I had a tick bit one year ago 8so after my skin symptomes started) but I didn't have the "ring" around it just some normal redness and than it went away. Since a half year I also have IBS symptomes. With my skin problem first I went to my local doctor, he gave me some anyallergic or anti inflammatory medicin, which cleared up my rashes nicely until I was taking it. He sent me to blood test, my basic results were normal, igE was normal. He didn't test for CRP, zonulin, TPO, TGB, Lyme, Insulin or hormones. He also said in my urine there's a lot of bacteria, but probably that's something else. He concluded that it must be in my skin. I went to two different dermatologist already several times. The first said it looks like something with my focilles and gave me medical shampoo, but didn't help. The next one took a bit of one of the rashes and sent to analysis. She said, it's mycoses. From her I got a cream (with travogen and travocurt) and a ticture but it didnt help, I went back, she said I should be patient, I was, but it still didn't help. The she gave me an oral antifungal, but she told me that I should take in on my own risk because it's bad for my liver. For mild infection one should take one or two tablets, but I had to take all 12, one in the morning, one in the evening. It didn't seem to make any difference. One week after I stopped taking it my rash really got worse. Since then started a candida diet which is also gluten free and I do some lactose free days too. I also take probiotics and oregano oil capsules two or three times a day. Some days it seems better but overall it's very bad, itching and spreading. I will go back and see my local doctor this week but I'm not sure what to ask. Maybe he could make some more tests but at least he can give me the medicine that makes the symptomes better. Please help if you have any clue what is this.
My skin rash looks like this: https://edc2.healthtap.com/ht-staging/user _answer/avatars/1672621/large/open-uri2014 0316-23340-1vfgles.jpeg?1394930880
Thanks, Rebecca
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be due to dry skin or fungal infection. Scabies could be another possibility. Dermatologist will be in a better position to help you in resolving this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied March 2nd, 2019
Hi Rebakk,
I read your post and I think its problem due to dry skin.
You should visit an experienced Dermatologist ASAP to cure this problem.
Thanks.
|
Tags: Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our ADD and ADHD , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.