Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Itchy Skin and Bumps spreads all over body at night

Hi, I am a 18 year old student. In the last couple of years i have been experiencing a problem with my skin. i noticed that in most nights just before i go to sleep a part of my body starts to get really itchy, usually it stars in my arm or legs, and in about a few minutes it spreads all over my body. The itching goes for 30 min in most of the nights or more. The thing is, i have no idea what triggers the irritation in my skin, also in addition the itchyness causes bumps in my skin every time i scratch it. I believed that this condition is called "Dermographism" (correct if im wrong). It has been affecting my life since, without even realizing it and im really hoping to find out what causes it. Thank you so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2014
I have it too. I'm getting tested for celiac disease. Look up dermatitis heroeformis
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....