Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

itchy red welts came up after sushi

User Profile
Hello, so recently I had to go out and get a haircut and I did and I asked my parents if I could go eat some sushi as a snack in the mall court and they gave me money and my sister and I ordered spicy salmon roll. After I ate we went home and I was fine but when I woke up the next day I got very itchy. My itches came from behind my armpits beside my nipples, on my bladder and on the side of my hips and behind my knees. They didn't do anything besides bugged me really bad I started scratching and soon it became red and welts came up.

I am NOT allergic to anything my doctor told me. I also used my moms prescribed dry skin cream it contains whole bunch of creams mixed tropical cream. It doesn't help a lot but does make it less itchier

I am a 14 year old boy going through puberty and never had a itching like this before or hives.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2014
Allergies Answer A46213
Thank you for asking!
I believe what you got is a typical presentation of urticaria ad simple antihistamines with some topical steroid ointments would help.Seek a dermatologist to sort out the etiology as it might be correlated with your recent adventure of outside food intake, a place where you can not trust the hygiene and hypersensitivity of any ingredient.Any ways no worries get some help and enjoy your life. I would suggest avoid pet contact meanwhile too and trim the nails as itching might lead to some skin damage. Use permethrin ointments with clothes change daily and last but not the least consult a dermatologist and let them help you.
Good luck

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.