Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Itchy red lumps in afternoon

User Profile
i have itchy red lumps that start coming up from afternoon this has been happening for over a week now, they appear on my face, head, arms and legs. In the morning the lumps have gone down and are just red marks but by 3-4pm they start itching and coming up. what are they and how to i stop them from itching?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2010
Skin Answer A12186
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum. The possiblity of the generalised red & itchy bumps being due to a viral infection are high. Such bumps usually are self resolving. However, antihistamines like levo-cetirizine is definitely helpful in relieving the itch. Urticaria is another possiblity which is usually due to some external allergen. It is also self resolving. Some soothing lotion like lactocalamine and use of levocetrizine helps. The allergic drug rash is the 3rd possiblity.

However, for this, there should be some incriminating drug which yuo have been taking and avoidance of that drug can relieve one of the symptoms of the drug rash. I must admit that it is very difficult to diagnose online without a physical examination. Hence, I'll suggest you to consult a dermatologist for the same. I sincerely hope this helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.