Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

itchy rectum with lumps

Hello this is one of those times you try to hide the situation. I have been hiding this for a year and it keeps getting worse. I have tried preparation H and other ointments that relief me for a couple of hours. I have a lump just inside my rectum area and one on the inside of my skin inbetween my but cheeks. I can't take it anymore the itchy and pain from the raw wiping is becoming worse and worse and the ointments give temporary relief. the rectum hole swells wear i can bearly wipe and than it gets itchy and irretable.the lump also seems to get bigger and smaller at times.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 29th, 2008
Experienced User
Although I have had an itchy anus and itching in my butt crack, I have always found that hydrocortisone cream takes it away. But if you have a lump in there I would seriously recommend seeing a doctor.

Hope this helps, you can chat with me privately if you wish to discuss more.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You would need surgical intervention to get rid of this itching and lump. Combination of hydrocortisone and nitrates is also helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.