Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Itchy Perineum, Swollen Red Lump on Perineum/in Anus

I'd like to be detailed with you in hopes of getting accurate responses.

Last week, while on my period, I noticed two tiny tears on my perineum. I assumed it was from my tampon string rubbing or something along those lines.

Period ended, I was rather itchy down there. My doctor prescribed me diflucan (fluconazole) via phone. As I get yeast infections quite frequently, she just called in a refill to my pharmacy.

I took that pill last night and the itching seems to have gone down quite a bit.

But...here's the biggest issue: When the tears seemed to disappear, little blister like bumps (fleshy, tiny, round) appeared on my perineum. Closer to my anus than my vagina. There were 4 to be exact.

The tiny bumps are no longer present (you can sort of see where they were, kind of tiny marks but relatively gone) and now the whole perineum is somewhat red and swollen leading into the anus. It's kind of itchy but terribly so. Only when I'm walking do they get a little worse. On the opposite side of my anus, there is a swollen red bump area as well. It is right on the rim of the anus. Half in, half out. This one is not itchy at all.

I immediately started freaking out and have been so depressed for 2 days thinking it could be herpes or genital warts. I do, in fact, have HPV but I was told it was the kind that can give cervical cancer. In fact, I've had a colposcopy and they are doing a LEEP very soon to remove the precancerous cells.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping so badly this is something I can get rid of easily. I'm so ashamed and embarrassed and don't know how to live with something like herpes or warts if it turns out that's the issue.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow but I'm so terrified of what the diagnosis might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 10th, 2013
?
it seems im going through the same ... wat did the doc tell u?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....