User Profile
what is the cause of itcy legs with some that has diabeties.or just itcy painfull legs.i don't ve this diabeties but my mum does and she's 61yrs

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2009
Diabetes Answer A7674
You like to know what causes itchy legs for someone diagnosed with diabetes.

Itchiness is an irritating sensation on the body that provokes a desire to scratch the skin. According to the major symptom that you describe (itchy skin) it is likely that your mother might be experiencing a fungal infection on her feet and legs. Fungal infections of the feet and legs present as itchy red spots on the skin. The changes of the skin during a fungal infection may be different in shape and size, from rounded to undefined shapes, from berry-sized to coin-sized or larger sizes. The changes on the skin may be a few millimeters elevated from the healthy skin. Also the skin that is nearly to the borders of the change may peel off in small particles such as in dandruff in the hair.

I am not able to make a complete diagnosis online for your mother’s medical condition. Please contact your mother’s doctor or a qualified healthcare provider such as a dermatologist for a visual physical exam as well as further diagnosis and treatment options.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.