Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

itchy espicially when its disposing something white?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
User Profile
Hi i am confusing if i have a yeast infection but i dont want to consult it to my doctor i am five months pregnant now and since last my menstration i feel something wrong to my vagina its so itchy espicially when its disposing something white i change my undies regularly.. so what should i do to avoid this itchy i hope someone could help me about this thank you so much

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2012
Yeast Infection Answer A35096
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Vaginal infections and UTI’s are common during pregnancy and can be recurrent. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest and discuss your symptoms, go ahead with getting examination and investigations done to look for the cause and identify causative agent if infection is suspected. Infections should be treated early to prevent spread upwards to uterus and to baby that could lead to complications. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation and keep the area clean and dry. If infective cause is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.