Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Itchy and swollen outer labia

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I've had a really itchy outer labia for the past few months or so, but its gotten worse since I've started my pill again. It's on the inside, mostly towards the top, and it was just on the right side but its spread over to the other side and down a little bit and has gotten MUCH itchier. I haven't had sex, and I'm sixteen, and I haven't been using any new bathroom products to give me a rash or anything. Its gotten so bad that now its swollen and quite sore and really distracting.
I've tried antiseptic/anaesthetic cream (Savlon) on it but its not done much good yet :S
Help would be much appreciated please ^.^ Thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2010
Welcome to ehealthforum.
If the itching sensation is getting worse, it indicates that the infection is getting worse. Get yourself examined by your doctor/gynecologist to see what is going on. You might need to get a vaginal swab test done to identify infection and get it treated with oral antibiotic/antifungal course.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.