Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

itching, vaginal discharge, tissues growing near cervix

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
i am an unmarried person.i have itching and vaginal discharge since 1 year.also i'm feeling some tissues growing nearer to cervix.i consult a doctor .but i didn't get a satisfied treatment.can u help me pls

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A35624
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Alterations in your vaginal discharge color, consistency along with symptoms of itching, and/or foul smell could indicate vaginal infection. Vaginal dryness can also cause vaginal itching. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for examination and vaginal swab/smear test (done on the discharge) to identify the causative agent. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.