Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Itching , sweating , and physical exercise

User Profile
i think i may have cholinergic urticaria, but i am not sure because i also did not bathe alot last year. I was wondering if it was possible that this was happening because dirt/dead skin was trapped in my pores.

is that possible?

I was also wondering if you could ever actually sweat with this condition, because i need to sweat. it makes exercise unbearable andi need to lose weight.

also i noticed once i started itching unbearably while using a crosstrainer at the gym. i couldn't work out anymore so I took a shower and resumed, and i was sweating as normal with no itching.

so i know this condition may leave and return, summer or not, so i was interested in a differential diagnosis.

thank you very much for reading. even a simple reply will in turn help me to exercise. please help me. thanks again.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2008
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A4975
Current medical status: I itch when i'm meant to sweat (heat, exercise), it happens all over. but i did not bathe or shower frequently in the last year. maybe cholinergic urticaria.

Current medical treatment: none

It seems that it is normal to feel itchy when sweating during or after physical exercise. It seems that taking a shower after any physical exercise would solve the problem.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.