Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

itch down there and it burns when i pee!

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
I have a white color goowy dishcharge that turns yellow in my panites and it has a smell to it. i also itch down there and it burns when i pee what can this be?? please help.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2011
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A21493
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the foul smelling watery vaginal discharge that you are having after intercourse. Going by your symptoms, it looks like bacterial vaginosis to me. It is the most common cause of abnormal vaginal odor and discharge after intercourse. It is caused by a change in the type of bacteria found in the vagina.

In addition to unpleasant "fishy" vaginal odor, thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina may also be present. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge. Treatment is by antibiotics( pessaries and oral antibiotics ) for which I would suggest a gynecologist’s evaluation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.