Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

It Started With Fasting Now I'm Unable To Eat

So I might as well start from the beginning. I want to say my name. That's how I usually get started but I will avoid that.

I'm T, I'm 18, I cannot eat for the life of me and I'm scared. At first I was fasting, it was a month ago. I would fast for a day or two a week and I was fine. I went back to eating slowly and healthily, I exercised and worked and went to school. I wouldn't eat at school just when I got home and have something healthy. Then two weeks ago, no fasting because I was having trouble eating, I didn't want to make it worse. I ordered Chinese (my favorite) and fried to eat it but after a few bites I was full and the very smell of it was repulsing. I was around my mom and my brothers girlfriend so I choked down a couple more bites before putting it away for later. I thought it was just from stomach shrinking which was my original goal to shrink it a little so I wouldn't need as much food to feel full.

It worked for a short time until a week ago I tried to have school breakfast and I ate it all but I felt sloshy and sick afterwards. Today I had a yogurt with granola and walnuts and I was full. It scared me. I'm a smoker btw. So I went outside to have a smoke feeling weak I went back in the house and got dizzy. Last night I recall not being able to eat my mom's meatloaf it tasted disgusting even though I generally love her meatloaf. I don't have an eating disorder. I want to eat, the fasting was a kick to make my stomach smaller as I'd read it was completely healthy as long as it wasn't starving for a prolonged period of time. I'm consuming water which now has the ability to fill me up. It's crazy I know. I need help please I don't want to start dropping pounds like crazy I've already lost seven since my last doctors visit a month ago. I'm at a point where I could stand to lose a little weight at 153 but I don't want to lose it due to an unhealthy habit of not eating I simply am not hungry.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with anorexia nervosa. I would suggest you to have hormonal profile to sort out hypothalamic dysfunction.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.