Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

it's 9th day it's still bleeding lightly why?

My period started on9th october it's usually 7days but it's 9th day it's still bleeding lightly why
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2016
Community Volunteer
Some periods are different. There is no rhyme or reason for it. It just happens.

If you think something is wrong, it does not stop or it happens every month, it is time to see your doctor.

Best of luck!
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Normal menstrual periods last3 to 7 days.Longer than normal periodscan occur because of stress, a hormone imbalance, pregnancy, infection, a thyroid condition, and othercauses. You should make an appointment with your health care provider.

Take care
|
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.