Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

it looks like acne but I'm 99% sure it's not.

Ok so I know it looks like acne but I'm 99% sure it's not. I thought they were bed bug bites but they don't itch. This started last Monday - about 10 little bumps appeared on my right cheek and then the next day, the bumps appeared on my left cheek. A few days ago they appeared on my forehead and today it got even worse on my forehead!! What is this?? Are they bug bites?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Any Dermatological conditions cannot be diagnosed without a proper medical history and physical examination.

Most Insect bites will result in varying grade of inflammatory reaction which can result in symptoms like pain, redness, mild swelling and itching.

In addition, inflammatory response of the body, which varies from person to person, changes the appearance of the bites.

Hence diagnosing the causative insect will not be easy without examining the wound.

In addition other possible conditions that can present as vesicles and blisters including - atopic or contact dermatitis, folliculitis, pemphigus disorders, trauma related, etc.

It would be recommended that you consult a dermatologist who can provide you proper medical advice.

But in the mean time, You can take some NSAIDs like Ibuprofen and Benadryl for a few days to allow the inflammation and itching to ‎reduce.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Insect Bites , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.