Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

It IS a baby plain and simple. (Page 8)


June 2nd, 2008
For sake of argument, let's assume the fetus has a soul. Does it make any difference to the fate of the soul if the fetus dies of a miscarriage or an abortion?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
if every living thing has a soul then not only a baby but everything, you disrespect every living soul and disrespect the ones that are here

So what makes the soul of one higher than another?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
Kentucky Joe, repetition much? I answered this exact same question on a different topic. Go check it out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 2nd, 2008
Test, this is only a test.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 2nd, 2008
Test, this is only a test.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
Kentuckyjoe, I advise posting ONCE and letting the page sit after you press "submit" just once. Open a new window, get some coffee, lol. The post WILL go through.

If you don't see the new post after the new page pops up, it's probably there anyway. You seem to be having some serious lag issues.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
slamdunk wrote:


How in the hell did you get from my post that I feel that my experience trumps everyone elses. I was 18 when I got pregnant, and had only been with my boyfriend for a month. I played college basketball and had a full scholarship to play and had to drop it all.


Why did you have to drop it all? You didn't have to keep the pregnancy, right? You had a choice, and you chose.
Quote:

No i didnt want that child and thought of many times to abort it, I regretted it and cried everyday. I felt that way until the first day I felt it move. and I do believe this was people's opinions on the subject am I correct? Therefore, I posted my opinion on the topic at hand, and by no means did I feel My experience trumped anyone elses.


When someone says they are "pro-life" they ARE saying their experience and opinion trumps everyone else, because being pro-life means you want to make abortion illegal thereby forcing women to remain pregnanct and give birth against their wills.
Quote:
And as far as someone who hates whats inside of them, like I reminded myself, I shouldn't have been having sex, if i didn't want the outcome. Women are responsible unless forced, to have sex. Therefore they are responsible for what comes with it.


That is a tired, cliched line that means nothing.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
diamondsz wrote:
if every living thing has a soul then not only a baby but everything, you disrespect every living soul and disrespect the ones that are here

So what makes the soul of one higher than another?


Why can't everything have a soul? Do you realize we share much of our DNA with every living thing?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
aochriss wrote:
diamondsz wrote:
if every living thing has a soul then not only a baby but everything, you disrespect every living soul and disrespect the ones that are here

So what makes the soul of one higher than another?


Why can't everything have a soul? Do you realize we share much of our DNA with every living thing?


Im not saying they dont, Im just phrasing it wrong, I meant to say if everything has a soul, even the walls around us then how can we put higher than another.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
aochriss wrote:
slamdunk wrote:


How in the hell did you get from my post that I feel that my experience trumps everyone elses. I was 18 when I got pregnant, and had only been with my boyfriend for a month. I played college basketball and had a full scholarship to play and had to drop it all.


Why did you have to drop it all? You didn't have to keep the pregnancy, right? You had a choice, and you chose.
Quote:

No i didnt want that child and thought of many times to abort it, I regretted it and cried everyday. I felt that way until the first day I felt it move. and I do believe this was people's opinions on the subject am I correct? Therefore, I posted my opinion on the topic at hand, and by no means did I feel My experience trumped anyone elses.


When someone says they are "pro-life" they ARE saying their experience and opinion trumps everyone else, because being pro-life means you want to make abortion illegal thereby forcing women to remain pregnanct and give birth against their wills.


Thank you, that WAS exactly my point. Someone says: I was pr-choicem but then I got pregnant and now I am against abortion. That is saying that YOUR experience is the only valid one. Sorry, you are wrong.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
oopoopoop wrote:


Thank you,

Smile
Quote:
that WAS exactly my point. Someone says: I was pr-choicem but then I got pregnant and now I am against abortion. That is saying that YOUR experience is the only valid one. Sorry, you are wrong.


Maybe it is time for a thread asking people who say they are pro-life
what it means to be "pro-life"?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
aochriss wrote:
oopoopoop wrote:


Thank you,

Smile
Quote:
that WAS exactly my point. Someone says: I was pr-choicem but then I got pregnant and now I am against abortion. That is saying that YOUR experience is the only valid one. Sorry, you are wrong.


Maybe it is time for a thread asking people who say they are pro-life
what it means to be "pro-life"?


You should do the honours of that
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 4th, 2008
Experienced User
So only women who were raped should be able to obtain abortions. Because it wasn't their fault right? By that logic, women whose birth control pills failed and whose condoms broke are also exempt. Unless you're trying to punish women who have sex and then you're agreeing that pregnancy is a punishment. Regardless, it's never truly about the fetus/child/baby/embryo when you think a women should be allowed to abort under certain circumstances. Also, if you think abortion is fine only in the case of rape, does that mean you think it should be illegal otherwise, or that you just disapprove of it in those cases? Also, you're may want to watch your language.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Reptar wrote:
So only women who were raped should be able to obtain abortions. Because it wasn't their fault right? By that logic, women whose birth control pills failed and whose condoms broke are also exempt. Unless you're trying to punish women who have sex and then you're agreeing that pregnancy is a punishment.


wicked point Reptar
By agreeing it is a punishment you are also agreeing that you are forcing someone against their will, which then becomes slavery.


Sex was considered a punishment and we have been told it was to suffer for EVES sins, knowing that the majority of us come from christian families. Another thing that was almost mentioned is how females are told from the day are born that sex is wrong, when it is a beautiful thing, sex is not merely pro-creational but recreational as well.

Unless people stop becoming ignorant to others, there is a different between having our own opinions but effin as-s-wipes need to stop shoving their views down my throat or others.

I think we should lock Extremists up in a cell with no keys, why do they need rights when they don't respect that of others.

You have two humans
A mother
A baby with a potential to be a person
why should one side be greater than another if you believe in life and both have one.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
diamondsz wrote:
Reptar wrote:
So only women who were raped should be able to obtain abortions. Because it wasn't their fault right? By that logic, women whose birth control pills failed and whose condoms broke are also exempt. Unless you're trying to punish women who have sex and then you're agreeing that pregnancy is a punishment.


wicked point Reptar
By agreeing it is a punishment you are also agreeing that you are forcing someone against their will, which then becomes slavery.


Sex was considered a punishment and we have been told it was to suffer for EVES sins, knowing that the majority of us come from christian families. Another thing that was almost mentioned is how females are told from the day are born that sex is wrong, when it is a beautiful thing, sex is not merely pro-creational but recreational as well.

Unless people stop becoming ignorant to others, there is a different between having our own opinions but effin as-s-wipes need to stop shoving their views down my throat or others.

I think we should lock Extremists up in a cell with no keys, why do they need rights when they don't respect that of others.



I AGREE!!!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 7th, 2008
I apologize for the multiple posts, this forum works different than other forums I'm used to.

In my opinion (IMO), this whole question about when life begins is a scam. Here's the scam. Define the fetus as a baby. Now the mother has all of the responsibility of caring for the child. All the Pro-Life people have to do is force the mother to take responsibility for this child and they are off the hook and will go to everlasting glory, on the cheap.

On the cheap is the payoff. Now there's money for churches, rallies and TV shows. And now people don't have to worry about the nasty little problem of feeding the hungry etc.

As long as we play this game, the cards are always stacked against us.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 7th, 2008
Experienced User
Of course the mother has the responsibility of caring for the child inside of her; that seems like common sense to me. Sometimes, the most humane choice is an abortion.

And you're terribly confused about Christianity. We do not go to heaven by forcing women to give birth. Even the general concept of preaching and gaining followers does not get you into heaven; it's not even a part of what gets you into heaven. Conversion doesn't get you 10 points on your heavenly ticket.

Being a truly good person, who learns from their mistakes, no matter what beliefs you have, atheist, buddhist, jewish, it doesn't matter - being good is being Godly whether you're aware of it or not, and that's my belief. Goodness is God. And that's what gets you into heaven.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I thought that good works did not get a person into heaven, that only a personal relationship with Jesus did?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
diamondsz wrote:
[

You have two humans
A mother
A baby with a potential to be a person
why should one side be greater than another if you believe in life and both have one.


Because you place the value of the fetus ABOVE the mother. Her rights are given second place to the fetus. If you truly want equality you need to recognize the right of both; neither would supercede the other. Legally the fetus is not a person. End of the legal story. THerefore, legally, the fetus has no rights.

I have an idea.. if you don't like abortion: don't have one. It is mere arrogance and nothing else to attempt to control the body of another person based only on your opinion.

Why do you and every other PL I've seen for 25 years now seem to think that if its outlawed abortion will magically go away?
Again ( I really hate having to keep repeating this decade after decade) Abortion Was Made Legal TO SAVE THE LIVES OF WOMEN.

WHy do you want to kill women?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 8th, 2008
Experienced User
aochriss wrote:
I thought that good works did not get a person into heaven, that only a personal relationship with Jesus did?

That's an old-fashioned belief. Many Christians today do not believe that, which is why we do not go out and try to convert people. We feel that if you are a good person, you "go with God" and already know Jesus in your heart, even if you're not aware of it.

Also, we find it silly to think that God would send good people to hell just because they haven't been exposed to His word. The world is a huge place.
|
Did you find this post helpful?